In this tutorial I will show you my workflow to do star trails!
First, check out my friend- Emeric Le Bars’ web site on time lapse: https://emericlebars.com/
Subscribe to his youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCA4bihGzNvofxVffJVhn6pA
Here is the workflow:
1. Shoot at around 2000 to 4000 ISO with an F2.8 or F4 wide angle camera, between 12 to 16 mm.
2. Focus on infinity until the star looks small and precise when you zoom in.
3. Make sure to shoot raw on a tripod and at a speed of 15 to 30 seconds max.
4. In Lightroom, import and correct the first photo, making sure you have a good contrast and a dark result with most of the stars appearing.
5. Use this really cool free software to blend the photos as shown in the video:
Happy shooting, of course, try to shoot at the new moon!
If you want to see a cool tutorial (I hope) on astrophotography, check this one out:
If you want to see all my favorite software, apps and gear click here https://photoserge.com/my-gear?yid=youtube
You can see what I use and love to work with everyday.
Help me translate this video or other videos from my Youtube channel in your own language if you can, that would be amazing here is the list, follow the instructions it is quite simple:
Get my entire training at : http://photoserge.com/tutorials/
SUBSCRIBE FOR OTHER VIDEO TIPS AND TUTORIALS :
TUTORIELS FRANÇAIS :
SUBSCRIBE TO MY PODCAST ON ITUNES:
Follow me ! :
INSTAGRAM ► http://www.instagram.com/photoserge
FACEBOOK ► http://www.facebook.com/photoserge
TWITTER ► https://twitter.com/photoserge
GOOGLE + ► https://plus.google.com/+SergeRamelliPhotos